Context and scope
As part of its strategy to promote Open Access, the Research Dicastery is making an Institutional Gold Open Access Fund available to UNIL and CHUV/Unisanté authors from 1 January 2022 with the support of swissuniversities.
This fund is complementary to our Read & Publish licenses that we have with many publishers and will provide access to Gold Open Access publishing (with journals that only publish Open Access content) to researchers without external funding sources.
Eligibility requirements and procedure
Conditions of eligibility
- Corresponding author affiliated with UNIL and/or CHUV/Unisanté.
- Articles, chapters and books/monographs are eligible.
- Authors who do not have access to an external funding source that can cover this type of costs (e.g. SNSF, EC, Wellcome Trust, Bill & Melinda Gates, etc.).
- Gold OA publishing. Please note: hybrid OA is not supported by this fund (optional OA in a journal that also publishes subscription articles). Check if your journal is listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals. Gold OA publishing in journals not listed in DOAJ.org will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Publishing fees of less than CHF 2500 (excl. VAT) for articles (partial payment not possible - articles with higher publishing fees are not eligible) and CHF 5000 (excl. VAT) for chapters and books (partial payment possible). Please note: additional costs such as colour charges or page charges are not covered by this fund.
- Creative Commons licences:
- For books and book chapters, we recommend using the CC-BY license, but CC-BY-NC-ND licenses are accepted.
- For articles, the Gold OA Fund follows the international standard and requires a CC-BY license. A CC-BY-ND licence may be accepted provided that a justified request is made to the fund administration.
If you are eligible, please fill in the form below and send us (via the same form) the unpaid invoice from the publisher.
Direct payment to the publisher. Please send us the outstanding invoice.
If you have any doubts, please contact us!